The book has three parts, the first of which introduces SAML, SAML Web Browser Profile and OpenSAML. The next part goes deeper into explaining the Web Browser Profile more in detail and shows how to implement it using OpenSAML. The last part explains how to use some of the security functions in OpenSAML, like signatures and encryption.
The SAML Web Browser Profile is flexible and can be used in many different ways. The book shows the SAML Web Browser Profile with the following configurations:
- SP initiated Single Sign-On
- Authentication request using HTTP Redirect Binding
- Assertion transported using HTTP Artifact Binding
- SAML Artifact transported using HTTP Redirect Binding
- Artifact resolution using SOAP Binding
The book explains the interaction from the Service Provider’s point of view. The implementation of the Identity Provider is not covered in this book.
The package contains the book in PDF format, three different e-reader formats(EPUB, MOBI, AZW3) and a sample project showing OpenSAML in action.